Investment Banking, Managing Director
As the senior level banker, the role of the Managing Director “MD” is mostly one of client development. The MD will likely be the one with the senior level company relationships and is responsible for spearheading marketing and prospecting efforts. MD will serve in a key leadership role within the Culver Capital Investment Banking, a division of Culver Capital Group. As a boutique Global Investment Bank, we provide a full range of Investment Banking services to owners private firms that are seeking to buy, sell, or improve the capital structure of their company. The MD’s primary role will be managing existing client engagements, managing and closing current deals, current relationships with clients and corporate partners, and mainly generating new business for the firm. He/she will be assigned a wide variety of projects and will be given added leadership and responsibility as experience and capabilities permit.
Desired Skills & Experience
Minimum of 3 years experience running equity and debt side deals at a boutique investment bank or Structured Finance Department of Commercial Banking (Including asset based, cash flow, mezzanine or structured finance experience.) Able to manage both the internal underwriting (preparing the deck) and closing the deal with lenders. Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects. Previous success and proven track record in new business development and closing investment banking transactions, book of business contacts preferred. Deep understanding of the capital marketplace, including deal multiples, pricing, structure, potential financing sources and buyers, and an ability to develop capital-raising strategies and execute upon those strategies. Thorough understanding of all capital advisory services as well as M&A and Leverage Buy Outs. Transactions will include complex debt/equity/capital restructurings, creating buyer/seller strategies, deal structuring and negotiation. Significant client interaction and experience, particularly showing the ability to develop strong and influential client relationships. Willingness and ability to travel. Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred, or MBA FINRA Series 7, 63 and 79 required. Given the requirement that Managing Director execute the business that they are leading or generating, candidates must excel at opening, closing and executing on engagements. The Culver Capital Group currently has a large and immediate pipeline of engagements to manage and close. Compensation includes generous success fee and discretionary bonus.
Why transition to working for Culver Capital Group?
Do you like being around a successful, educated, and motivated team? The energy and critical mass you will be able to maximize here at Culver is tremendous and unmatched by any competitor. We have key CRM systems in place creating limitless backend resources, as well as a productive Associate Team producing quality clients in need of Investment Banking services. The availability of originations is a key asset we are looking to leverage.
- Independent, self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Expand existing and develop new client networks, establish and maintain pipeline and support efforts in developing and executing both Debt and Equity transactions.
- Manage and assist in closing of current engaged deal flow.
- Originate new client engagements that fit the strategy of the firm (midmarket)
- Actively lead in outreach and business development opportunities and market full range of services to prospective clients.
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and potential corporate partners in order to generate deal flow opportunities.
- Communicate regulatory, financial information and complex strategic issues relating to corporate finance transactions.
- Lead on a variety of transactions in all stages, from the initial client pitch to transaction closing.
- Excellent problem solver and strong analytic ability.
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills with attention to details
- Maintain and manage client relationships and be actively involved at the key strategic points of each transaction.
- Superior work ethic and drive for perfection.
- Strong skill set but desire to learn more.
- Serve as internal and external thought leader by participating in key industry conferences, publishing thought pieces in web logs, being interviewed by journalists and trade journals, and other avenues to generate exposure and build brand.
How to Apply for this Position
Please use one of the following methods to apply for this position:
- Complete our online application
- Fax your resume and cover letter to (888) 806-0482
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com